A few notes:
- Date paste will stay fresh up to 10 days in a covered container in your fridge.
- Remove pits before blending :- )
- Medjool dates are my personal favorites for making date paste. For snacking, if you can get a hold of Bahri dates, they are magnificent-tasting – truly like eating a caramel candy!
- Dates, while high on the glycemic index, are also high in fiber, which delays sugar absorption.
- Try using about 2/3 the amount of date paste to 1 cup of granulated sweetener. Taste to determine if it’s sweet enough.
- The taste is different, but lovely and once you get used to it, you will crave the difference!
- Most SUGAR, unless organic, is a combination of evaporated cane juice AND genetically-modified sugar beets. GMO’s long term effects are questionable.
If you enjoy these kinds of tips, techniques and tools, fan us on Facebook for daily recipes for body, mind and spirit.
Do you enjoy learning about natural wellness? You can get paid to inspire others into healthy lifestyle choices! Become a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach. Learn at your own pace online with personal guidance from Dr. LJ!